Indoor Air Quality
- Air Conditioning
- Ductless Systems
Humidifiers and Dehumidifiers in Mohave County, AZ
If you live here in Mohave County, the word “humidity” probably makes you think about the lack of humidity we experience here in our desert climate, but the right home conditions are all about balance. If you’re struggling to adequately heat or cool your home, consider installing a whole-house humidifier or dehumidifier. A humidifier can help you battle these dry conditions here in the desert and a dehumidifier can help you avoid nasty complications like mold and mildew. Your indoor air quality is incredibly important and a humidifier, dehumidifier, or a combination of the two can be a huge ally.
Contact our team today to learn more about our Mohave County indoor air quality systems.
If you want to install a whole house humidifier or dehumidifier in Mohave County contact Air Control Home Services.
All About Humidity
The first step to understanding why a humidifier or dehumidifier is necessary for your home is getting a handle on humidity. We have a unique understanding of humidity here in our dry desert climate—we know the ill effects of a lack of humidity all too well, but humidity in excess also brings its own problems. You need to have a reasonable balance of humidity in your home—the ideal humidity level in your home should hover around 45% but can drop or 30% or rise to 50% depending on the time of year.
The right amount of humidity in your home keeps you comfortable and it even reduces the strain on your HVAC system. If you want the best humidifier or dehumidifier available, then contact our team.
How a Humidifier Helps
Since we are Arizona residents, we’re going to focus on the effects of dry air. Dry air leads to:
- Dry skin and hair, brittle nails, and chapped lips
- Wood furniture drying out and cracking as well as damaged wooden instruments and split flooring in your home
- Worsened respiratory conditions (dry air dehydrates the mucous membranes in your body and makes it much easier for you to contract a cold and also makes it more difficult for you to get over it)
A humidifier can be your biggest ally in our dry conditions. It will help balance your home and will actually help you feel warmer during our cold winter months. When there’s a good amount of moisture in your home, you’ll be able to feel a lot warmer even with your thermostat set to a cooler temperature.
How a Dehumidifier Helps
A dehumidifier is also a great investment in a variety of ways too. When you install a dehumidifier in your home, you can:
- Reduce Allergies: Allergens that are common in homes thrive in humid environments.
- Eliminate Odors: If you’re experiencing the smell of must or mildew in your home, a dehumidifier can help you avoid this.
- Improve Home Quality: Less humidity in your home means that your clothing can dry faster, things like bread and cereal with remain fresher for longer, and you won’t find signs of rust or corrosion on your household items.
- Boost Efficiency: A dehumidifier will help lower the energy cost of running your HVAC system when the air in your home is more humid.
We provide the best dehumidifiers and dehumidifier repair services here at Air Control Home Services. Be sure to contact our team when you need assistance with these services.