It might be strange to try to picture a water heater without a large tank involved. This is because water heaters have traditionally included tanks that held multiple gallons of heated water for ready access. But this particular type of water heater isn’t the only one that you can choose from.
If you haven’t already heard of them, let us tell you about the tankless water heater. This is a system that can provide you with a reliable source of hot water with no tank needed. These are a fantastic option for anyone in need of a new water heater to keep their home comfortable.
The Perks of a Tankless Water Heater
Tankless water heaters are wonderful systems that can help you get a steady and reliable flow of hot water for your home with several additional benefits. We’ve listed some of the best perks of tankless water heaters here for you so you can see if one of these systems may be the best fit for your home.
- Energy efficiency. Tankless water heaters only warm up water as it is requested, meaning there is no loss of energy from keeping hot water waiting in a large tank, known as standby heater loss. This saves a lot of energy over time, especially because these systems can operate on natural gas or electricity alone.
- Reduced water use. Rather than keeping gallons of water on stand by, a tankless water heater only uses water when it needs to be heated for use. This means you save a lot of water with these systems too.
- Saved space. A tankless water heater, as you may have guessed, doesn’t need a tank. No tank for storing water means that a tankless water heater needs a lot less space, giving you a lot more room in your garage or basement.
- No lack of hot water. Tankless water heaters provide you with the perk of never running out of hot water. Whenever you turn on a hot water tap, your heating system will start to provide you with warm water without end. This is in contrast to a tank water heater that might run out of hot water if run for too long.
Is a Tankless Heater a Good Fit?
If you are in the market for a new water heating system, you may want to consider a tankless water heater as your next option. The question you will want to ask is if this is an ideal option for you. Consider the following:
- Is your old water heater is in need of a replacement?
- Are you looking to use less water and energy?
- Do you need access to more hot water or less?
If you aren’t sure about whether or not a tankless water heater is a good fit for your home, we can help. When it comes to professional plumbing in Lake Havasu City you can rely on our plumbers to provide you with the services you need from installation to repairs and beyond.