When you turn on your air conditioner, you want it to be able to keep your home cool. But what if your system can’t do this at a reasonable cost? You need your system to be functional first and foremost but you also need it to be as efficient as possible when in use.
Having a properly-sized and installed air conditioner is going to be vital to making this possible. But did you know that you can do some things on your own to improve the efficiency of your AC?
Try putting these tips into practice to get the most from your air conditioner this season without spending any extra cash.
7 Ways to Get Better Efficiency From Your System
Here are some straightforward ways to get more from your air conditioner this season for a lower cost.
- Keep the sunlight out as much as you can: The sunlight that we get in spring and summer is lovely but it will also add a lot of heat to your home. Close the blinds and curtains in the rooms in your home that see the most sunlight to keep things cooler and reduce the demand on your AC.
- Check for and address air leaks: On a hot summer day, air leaks will allow hot air to enter your home which will lead to higher strain on your air conditioner. Address air leaks with caulk and weatherstripping to stop the heat transfer and stay cooler for longer.
- Use fans to feel cooler: Sometimes reducing your demand on your AC, and therefore your energy use, is just about feeling cooler. Using a fan to increase airflow helps your body evaporate sweat and stay cooler. Just the feeling of being cooler can help you reduce your reliance on your AC which can keep your energy bills down.
- Keep your thermostat setting reasonable: We know that there is a temptation to see how low your thermostat can go. Try to resist it! Keeping your thermostat set to 68 at night and 78 during the day makes a huge difference in your energy bills.
- Invest in improving your insulation: Insulation is your silent friend. Sitting in your walls and attic, insulation reduces heat transfer which helps keep you cooler. Consider getting a professional to help repair your insulation if you notice drafts in the house. Good insulation can save you a lot over the course of a summer.
- Check and change your filter regularly: This is the one and the only thing we encourage residents to do themselves if only so the filter in their system stays as clean as possible. A clean filter keeps airflow into your system strong and can help to keep your AC running efficiently.
- Schedule maintenance or repairs with a professional: Whether you need to get maintenance done or your system needs a repair, you should always go to a professional technician for your air conditioning service in Lake Havasu City
Need help keeping things comfortable and efficient? Contact Air Control Home Services for expert services and guidance today.