The prospect of needing an air conditioner replacement in Lake Havasu City, AZ can seem unpleasant. But it helps to be prepared.
Getting a replacement for an old, inefficient air conditioner is going to benefit you in the long run. We want our customers around Lake Havasu City to enjoy the summer with an effective and efficient AC system, rather than battling with one on the verge of a breakdown. To help, we’ve provided some answers to your questions about if and when you may need a replacement and what you can expect from Air Control Home Services when you schedule yours.
Answering 5 Big AC Questions
Here is what you need to know right now about checking, taking care of, and replacing your AC unit.
1. If you haven’t gotten an inspection and AC tune-up, should you still get one?
The answer is yes! Homeowners should always have their air conditioners checked before things get hot. As long as your AC system is still operational, it is worthwhile to have it checked. Getting the inspection done ahead of time and getting it tuned up makes it easier to get service without a long wait and can allow us to catch problems ahead of time.
When summer hits, our team works hard to keep up with emergency service calls but it gets extremely busy. A breakdown during the summer can mean having to get a hotel room, staying with family, or just toughing it out until someone can get there.
2. What are the main things that techs look for during an AC inspection?
During an inspection, our technicians make sure to check system efficiency, home comfort, and overall system performance. This can allow us to catch minor problems before they escalate into expensive repairs in a majority of cases. It can also allow us to give homeowners a heads up when their AC is ready to be replaced.
3. How can homeowners reduce problems from occurring in their AC in the first place?
We understand that many people want to do their part to help their current AC last for as long as possible, with as little trouble as possible. We want to do that too (it’s why we offer tune-ups!) That said, there are some ways that homeowners can help reduce problems with their ACs. These include
- Scheduling maintenance each year
- Regularly changing the HVAC filter
- Using best practices for thermostat settings
4. What telltale signs should homeowners look out for that their AC is about to fail or not work as efficiently?
Even with all the vigilance in the world, no air conditioner lasts forever. The key thing to remember is that you want to replace yours promptly when the time comes. To do that, you’ll want to be on the lookout for the following warning signs:
- The AC runs constantly without ever changing the temperature in the house
- The AC can’t maintain a steady temperature indoors anymore
- The system is making a large number of unusual noises
- Energy bills have gotten overly expensive
- The system needs frequent and overly expensive repairs
5. Can my AC replacement wait?
If you need a replacement for your air conditioner, the best time to take care of it is right now. Shortages for supplies and equipment are making it harder to get ahold of new systems. Air Control Home Services currently has the largest stock of equipment we’ve ever had in 30 years to ensure that homeowners like you have access to what you need.
Don’t delay! Schedule your AC replacement with Air Control Home Services today so you aren’t left sweating your way through summer.