Mohave County is in the midst of winter, and your furnace keeps you warm during cold nights. When it goes out, you and your family need it back on—and fast. In this post, we’ll review some basics you should keep in mind when you find yourself without a functioning heating system and need to have your furnace repaired.
It might be more than a breakdown
Most people consider furnace repair only when their system breaks down, or stops functioning altogether. However, there are a variety of problems that a still-operating—but malfunctioning—furnace can raise for your home, your budget, and even your family’s health.
Higher energy bills
If you open your energy bill and physically recoil at the sight of what you owe, it might not just be your usage. If your heating system is in need of repair, or hasn’t had regular maintenance, it may be costing you more money than it should.
If your energy bills keep climbing each month without a significant change in usage, there may be an issue with your home heating system. Either the unit is working harder than it should, or there may be a leak in the system that is allowing heated air to escape. Getting a technician out to thoroughly inspect the system is the best way to identify the issue, and make a repair that could save you hundreds of dollars over the course of the season.
Having trouble hearing your TV over the sound of your furnace? It might be more troubling than you think.
Most heating systems and furnaces generate some noise as a part of warming your home. However, if you’ve noticed a significant change in the sound level generated by your furnace, that may be a sign of a more serious issue. Beyond being a nuisance and annoyance, a loud furnace could be an indicator of a mechanical failure. A repair might be necessary.
So, what should you look for when getting your furnace repaired?
Okay, you’ve decided enough is enough with the higher energy bills. It’s time to get your furnace repaired. Here’s what you should consider.
- You want a qualified team: Focus on finding a company that offers certified technicians with training and qualifications for inspecting and repairing heating systems. Air Control’s technicians are not only NATE-certified to meet the highest expectations of excellence in the industry, but have BPI Building Analyst Training to help them inspect your home. Which is important, because…
- You want the entire system inspected: Even if it’s just the furnace that’s gone kaput, you want technicians to look over the entire home heating system to check for other issues. When it comes to heating your home, it’s good to hire a company that is comprehensive and thorough in their investigations, so that you’re in-the-know about the process and what needs to happen to get things back up-and-running. Air Control does just that.
- You want technicians who educate: Okay, obviously not in a back-to-school sense. It’s important that technicians cut through the industry jargon and help you understand exactly what the issue is, and how they plan to fix it. It’s your home, and Air Control wants you to be in-the-loop about what is going on. We’ll sit down with you to discuss the issue and what your options are.
How can I know I’m getting a good deal?
When you’re choosing a heating repair company, here are some things to look for:
- You want quality assurance: A good furnace repair company will not only employ the best technicians, but they’ll take pride in their work, and have the confidence to stand by it. Air Control offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee on our repairs. If your system encounters issues in the 30 days after we’ve applied a repair, we’ll send out a technician at no charge to make sure things are squared away.
- You want a warranty: Should something happen to your heating unit, it’s important to have the peace of mind that comes with a company standing by their work for the long haul. That’s why Air Control offers a one-year warranty to cover parts and labor on any repairs that we make. Ultimately, we care about getting your system back to where it needs to be.
- You want a company that honors you, the customer: Air Control is a family-owned company that lives, works, and breathes in Mohave County. We’re a part of the community, and we take our reputation very seriously. We treat customers like we would treat members of our own family, and our reviews and multiple awards for service reflect our commitment to you—the customer.
My furnace has gone out! What should I do?
You should strongly consider giving us a call. We service all makes and models, and we offer 24/7 emergency service, so you and your family are without heat for as little time as possible. Our certified technicians will make sure the job gets done efficiently and effectively, with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
My furnace has been acting strangely. What should I do?
You should consider a heat pump tune-up. This process not only allows a technician to check out your system and make sure it’s functioning like it should, but it also allows them to perform the kind of regular maintenance that will prolong the life of your furnace and make it less likely to break down in the coming year.
Here are two other benefits to getting a tune-up:
- The more efficient your system is, the more money you’ll save: Remember those high energy bills we talked about earlier? A tune-up can help to identify ways in which your system is costing you energy—and therefore money—every month.
- The more effective your system is, the better it will heat your home: This goes without saying, but a better-running system is going to heat your home more effectively. However, what many people don’t consider is that a more effective system will also allow for better heat dispersion between rooms, heating your entire home instead of just one space.
How do I get in contact with Air Control?
If your home’s system is in need of repair, or you’re looking to schedule a tune-up to get it checked out, schedule service with us to get a free estimate. We’ll let you know what we can do to help you, and once you’ve hired us, our certified technicians will make sure the job gets done efficiently and effectively, with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.